A student of the Akenten Appiah Menka University of Skills Training and Entrepreneurial Development (AAMUSTED) in Kumasi has been confirmed dead after his body caught fire during a hall procession at school.
Prosper Owusu believed to be in his mid-twenties is reported to have died at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) after sustaining severe wounds from the fire incident.
He is said to have been the ‘chief priest’ of the Opoku Ware Hall at the university who usually led traditional rites of the hall.
In a video shared on social media, the deceased was seen leading rituals of the hall around an inscription written on the ground with fire, together with other hall members during which his traditional priest apparel caught fire.
Prosper appeared running helter-skelter to locate the nearest water source or an extinguisher at the scene to douse the fire.
The incident is reported to have occurred on Saturday, August 27, 2023.
His mid and upper body were severely burnt.
He was confirmed dead nearly a week after being rushed to the hospital for medical attention.
THANK YOU for constantly reading stories on TodayGhanaMedia.com, news publishing website from Ghana. Kindly like, follow, comment, and SHARE stories on all social media platforms for more entertaining updates!
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/
Admission is still in progress… Get yourself trained in any of our programmes to become a professional healthcare practitioner. Apply now! visit: racoh.edu.gh
Send your news stories to firstname.lastname@example.org