Home / Education / What Harm Have I Caused Ghana? – Education Minister Quizzes Over Controversial $1.2m GALOP [Audio]

What Harm Have I Caused Ghana? – Education Minister Quizzes Over Controversial $1.2m GALOP [Audio]

Spread the love

Minister of Education, Dr Yaw Osei Adutwum, has said the US$1.2million World Bank-funded Ghana Accelerated Learning Outcomes Project (GALOP) is still intact in the Ministry’s account.

According to him, they were asked by the World Bank to train 41,000 teachers and then they will receive that money as part of efforts for better education.

“When I came, the GALOP had already been started and it was in the report to train 41,000 teachers and get that money. We managed to train them and met the November deadline, the training was done and so UNICEF after everything wrote a letter and said we have met their requirement,” he said.

See also  Report: 35% Of Ghanaian Adults Are Hypertensive

In the view of Dr Adutwum, the World Bank has exonerated him from any wrongdoing, stressing that the US$1.2m is still intact and therefore could not fathom the noise about the money.

“World bank is not a cheap entity to joke with. And so why the qualms, those complaining bitterly, are they lawyers for Ghana?” He quizzed.

 

 

He told Adom FM’s morning show Dwaso Nsem Wednesday in an interview that the World Bank has not raised concerns about the matter and so the claims are just to tarnish his image.

See also  Achimota Forest Lands, Gold Businesses And Guns In NPP Sir John’s Will [Check Full Details]

“What have I done to some Ghanaians to make such damning allegations against me? Where from this hatred against me? I even hear people say I have stolen the money. What harm have I done to Ghanaians? World Bank is even happy about my initiative so why are you angry? The money is seated in the account,” he insisted.

It was reported that Dr Adutwum presented what is suspected to be a fictitious report supposedly to convince the World Bank for the release of US$1.2million meant to execute the GALOP 7.2B, a project according to reports he and the Ministry never executed.

See also  Kennedy Agyapong Provide Evidence Of His Absenteeism – Privilege Committee

But he has denied the allegations.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading from TodayGhanaMedia.com as a news publishing website from Ghana.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Source:  TodayGhanaMedia.com

 

 

Disclaimer: TodayGhanaMedia.com is not responsible for this report and its content.
There are four types of content published on  TodayGhanaMedia.com  daily: curated content; syndicated content; user-generated content; and original content.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Send your news stories to todayghanamedia@gmail.com and Chat with us via WhatsApp on +233 200818719

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

About admin

Check Also

Migration Of Nurses To Foreign Countries For Greener Pastures Is Worrying

Spread the love The Administrator of Nyaniba Health College, Nii Saul Mettle has stated that …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.